Wow, I knew I’d been gone awhile, but hadn’t realized it was this long! Work has continued on my ‘1 Year of Stitches’ project, which has pretty much evolved into t a ‘1 Year of Flowers’ project, as I can’t seem to put the piece down after one stitch. So, here are images of my work through the end of February.
I have four of these table napkins, and they’ve become my embroidery canvas. The plan? To fill one up every three months. At the end of the year, I’ll have four of these pieces, and then I’ll decide what to do with them. I’ve several ideas for finishing, but it will depend on where these all go as the year progresses and if they actually tie together come the end of 2017.
Each morning I pick the piece up, and I think of it as my warm up for what is often a day of designing and model stitching with my cross stitch designs. I have a plastic shoebox full of miscellaneous threads and I just pluck a few out and start to ‘paint’ with them.
I’ve also been busy with new cross stitch designs, most of which are inspired by quilt designs. Last year I did a cross stitched interpretation of Jane A. Stickel’s 1863 intricately pieced quilt, and titled it Jane’s Joy, and have since decided to do additional versions based on seasons. I just finished Petals.
And just released at the end of February, my cross stitched interpretation of the traditional applique quilt, Baltimore Album.
Also completed in the early part of the year, the fourth and final Garden Labyrinth
Now I’ve started a new piece, Bees Knees, which is a combination sampler and labyrinth type piece which I hope to have finished early next week.
So, yup. Been crazy busy here, but a good crazy busy!